Nelson Bostock Unlimited (www.nelsonbostockunlimited.com) is looking for a talented, creative and ambitious Account Director who wants to be part of one of the UK’s most dynamic and imaginative technology public relations agencies.
A BIT ABOUT US…
Nelson Bostock Unlimited is one of the UK’s leading technology, B2B and corporate public relations agencies, recognised as a top 6 tech agency by PR Week. We create compelling and creative brand storytelling for some of the world’s biggest tech brands and ambitious start-ups. We use our experience and intelligence to generate great ideas that get people talking about the brands we work for, delivering communications campaigns that build our clients’ reputations within the UK and across EMEA.
At the heart of our organisation is our Winning Minds ethos. Winning Minds underpins everything we do, from how a brief is responded to and how partners are chosen, through to staff coaching and the people the agency recruits. We are always looking for the brightest Winning Minds to join our agency, helping us to continually challenge our clients and the industry through everything we do and deliver outstanding results.
Nelson Bostock Unlimited is part of the wider Nelson Bostock Group Unlimited that includes consumer agency, Fever, (www.feverpr.com). The Group is wholly-owned by stock exchange-listed marketing services group, Creston (www.creston.com).
We are acutely aware that the world in which we operate is undergoing dramatic and rapid transformation, driven by the ongoing digital communications revolution. PR agencies unable or unwilling to adapt and evolve at pace will simply get left behind.
We embrace the challenges this transformation represents because they have created massive opportunities to position PR as a truly strategic discipline; providing consultancy spanning the entire communications mix – from media strategy and lead generation, issues and crisis management, social media, through to integrated campaign management.
Our teams combine specialist skills with a centralised planning and campaign management function that ensures we’re close to the client challenge and able to deliver effective campaigns that impact our client’s bottom line.
Here’s a selection of some of the companies that have trusted us to build their brands, manage their reputations and deliver award-winning PR, content and social campaigns: EE, Canon, Google, Toshiba, HTC, Equinix, Rentokil, RIPE NCC, Signal, Zuora, Criteo, Leumi, Logitech, Apptio and Twilio.
We have extensive experience in helping high-growth companies launch their products and services in the UK and beyond into continental Europe.
THE ROLE, KEY ACCOUNTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
We’re looking for an experienced and hungry Account Director to join our brilliant team. The role will be focused on NBU’s growing portfolio of high growth clients. The successful candidate will provide an essential link between the team’s senior leadership and talented execs. There is huge potential for growth within the role, since you will work alongside the Associate Director to support a key pillar of growth for the agency.
The client mix will include some of the hottest and most exciting tech challenger brands around, including: Twilio, Zuora, Apptio, Signal and Criteo.
The role requires strong:
- Client relationship management
- Creativity through storytelling
- Account strategy, delivery, development and growth
- Media strategy and experience
- Team leadership
- Strong networking skills
- New business pitch and proposal development – to help hit our ambitious growth targets
- Contribution to the overall development of the agency – including culture, brand and client service
Experience / Skills
- Strong interest and understanding of technology; from B2B, to B2C and Corporate.
- Strong knowledge of social media management and moderation is a requirement – B2B experience is essential.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of social technologies, platforms and monitoring/publishing tools is also a requirement.
- The ideal candidate will have a willingness to succeed, will be proactive and will take pride in their work.
- Ambitious player with a hard work ethic who is keen to progress their career.
- Successfully pitch from client brief and follow through to secure quality coverage.
- Confident client-facing account handler with an ability to work proactively and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt quickly and contribute to the team’s development and understanding in this sector.
- Good time and workload management skills – must be a strong multi-tasker.
- A good team player who is willing to learn from team members and who can take constructive criticism.
- Excellent attention to detail & organisational skills.
- Good writing skills
Our Account Director salaries are competitive, and is dependent on level and relevance of experience as well as seniority.
We also have a great benefits package, which includes:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 27 after five years’ service e.g. 23 days after one year, 24 after two years, etc.
- On top of that, our office closes between Christmas Eve and the first working day of January
- Birthday Day off– an extra day to be taken on or around your Birthday
- Volunteering Day – You have the opportunity to take one day a year out of the office, to help support a charity or community project of your choice.
- Flexible working – the chance to flex your working hours to come in an hour later or leave an hour earlier
- Milestone Moments – For those moments, when your best mate is in town, your child is staring in the nativity play, or it’s your mum’s birthday, speak with your line manager and request a longer lunch hour or to finish or start an hour or two earlier.
- Summer 3@3- During Summer months (July – September), you can finish at 3pm on a Thursday or Friday to get away early and enjoy the sunshine. You can do this on three occasions
- Pension Scheme – company contribution
- Private health insurance – offered after two years’ continuous service
- Health Assured Employee Assistant Programme -To help support your mental well-being we have a confidential 24 hour a day helpline.
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sabbatical – once you’ve achieved five years’ continuous service you’re entitle to a one month paid sabbatical, to go on an adventure, learn a new skill or to simply take some time out. All we ask is that you try and give us as much notice as possible of when you’d like to take your sabbatical, ideally six months You can also tag up to two weeks’ holiday on to the start or end of your sabbatical to give you that extra bit of time off.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – currently with Evans Cycles, is Government and Inland Revenue approved, which enables all permanent employees to save up to 42% on the recommended retail price of bike and cycling equipment
- Discount Gym membership
- Work mobile phone
- NOW TV – We know how hard everyone works, so when you get home and have the chance to relax, you are entitled to NOWTV entertainment to put your feet up to.
- Fever Talent Academy – a formal training programme is in place to help employees develop their career and personal development plans
- We offer you the chance to have a free annual flu jab, to keep those nasty bugs away
- As a token of appreciation all permanent employees receive a bottle of bubbly on their work anniversary – enjoy!
- A full social programme throughout the year, including: Friday at Four cocktail trolley every week, Friday at Five buffet and drinks every week, Fever monthly ‘Thirsty Thursdays’ drinks, Summer party and Christmas party (with sister agencies Nelson Bostock Unlimited and Mediaworks)
- At least once a month you can enjoy a back/neck/shoulder massage from our visiting ‘Stress Busters’
There will be two rounds of interviews. This may include a short written test or mini presentation